Pilates and Rehabilitation
- Besides traditional exercises, we offer Pilates based exercises in our rehabilitation programs
- Joseph Pilates developed his exercise technique focusing on core stabilization, motor control, precision, posture, alignment and breath. These same concepts form the basis of orthopedic physical therapy.
- Pilates equipment is highly adaptable
Springs can be set to assist movement or resist movement
Exercises can be open chain or closed chain
Non-weight bearing and weight bearing adaptations
Building a Foundation of Good HealthMoving well is an important part of living well and it is the foundation of good health physically, mentally and socially. Through our wellness programs and our targeted and individualized approach to rehabilitation, our patients experience new found wholeness in their lives.
Our ExpertiseSince 1991, Pyramid has been providing specialized physical therapy and wellness services to the greater San Antonio community with special emphasis in orthopedics, spine and extremities. The practice boasts only highly-qualified licensed physical therapists who work with patients to deliver quality care.
Pilates For Rehabilitation
Pyramid brings two distinct disciplines to patient care: physical therapy and Pilates, creating a unique dynamic between methodologies that is extremely effective for strengthening and regaining mobility, and it is especially helpful for older folks and people with chronic conditions,who may need improved balance, flexibility and function within their daily lives.
Pilates For Wellness
WellnessPilates principles are part of the foundation of good movement and motor control, which have applications for all patients, whether it is a component of physical therapy or simply a patient seeking more flexibility and strength as part of our wellness program.
Pilates and Wellness
- No doctor’s referral required
- Pilates is a holistic exercise method designed to improve strength, flexibility, posture, coordination, balance, breathing and circulation
- Pilates’ equipment is highly adaptable. Exercises can be modified for patients with low fitness levels or special orthopedic concerns or they can be modified to meet the needs of professional athletes
- One of the keys to Pilates is the focus on the precision of the movement. The improved body awareness that comes with that focus carries over to every day living which multiples the exercise effects.
- Private, semi-private and group classes available